With the support of Manchester Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (JMCE) and INCA UK, an Italian welfare advice centre (supported by the charity ITACA) which has just opened an office in Manchester, we are organizing a round table on the Settled Status Proposal and the alternative “The3Million” proposal.
The event, “Brexit Citizen Rights: Settled Status and Alternative Proposal”, will be free and open to the public and will take place on the:
18th of December
at The University of Manchester from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
During the event the speakers will analize the Government’s Settled Status proposal and the t3m’s alternative proposal for the Home Office and inform people of the work that “the3million” is doing to protect the rights of EU nationals that currently live in the UK and those who will arrive before any cut off date.
The moderator will be Dimitris Papadimitriou, Professor of Politics at The University of Manchester and Director of the Manchester JMCE and the speakers are:
1. Nicolas Hatton, Founder and Chairman of the3Million
2. Costanza De Toma, a t3m advocate who is currently liaising with Michel Barnier in Brussels to lobby the EU to safeguard the rights of EU nationals in the UK and British nationals in the EU.
3. Luke Piper, Immigration Solitor who has advised t3m on the Settled Status and assisted on the preparation of the Alternative Proposal
4. Elena Remigi (TBC), ideator of the book “In Limbo – Brexit testimonies from EU citizens in tbe UK”
5. Immigration Lawyer, from Garden Court, will assist on the current British Immigration System